Classic Fiano Hilltops 2022Regular price $27.00
94 points Royal Sydney wine show
A clean and crisp expression of this Italian white grape variety, influenced by the specific terroir of the Hilltops region and the climatic conditions of that vintage.
Fiano is known for producing aromatic and texturally rich wines, often characterised by a combination of floral, citrus, and herbal notes. When grown in the Hilltops region, which is known for its cool climate and elevated vineyards, Fiano can take on unique characteristics that reflect the local growing conditions.
Here's how our Fiano wine from the Hilltops region of NSW in 2022 presents:
- Colour: Pale to medium gold, with hints of lime green at the rim, indicating its youthful freshness.
- Aromas: The wine offers a complex bouquet of aromas. Expect vibrant citrus notes, such as lemon and tangerine, intermingled with floral scents like white blossoms and hints of honeysuckle. Herbal undertones, reminiscent of fresh herbs like thyme or mint, might also be present.
- Palate: On the palate, our Fiano displays a delightful balance between zesty acidity and a slightly oily texture. The wine's light body carries flavours of ripe stone fruits like peach and apricot, supported by tangy citrus flavours. Herbal nuances could translate into a refreshing savoury quality, enhancing the wine's overall complexity.
- Mineral Notes: Given the Hilltops region's terroir, the wine exhibits subtle mineral undertones, reflecting the soil composition of the area. This mineral character could contribute to the wine's sense of place and add an intriguing layer to its profile.
- Finish: The finish is crisp and lingering, with a combination of citrus zestiness and a touch of herbal freshness.
- Ageability: While Fiano is often enjoyed in its youth for its vibrant fruitiness.
- Food Pairing: Fiano's versatile character makes it an excellent companion for a variety of dishes. Its acidity and herbal undertones can make it a great match for seafood, particularly dishes with white fish or shellfish. It can also complement lighter poultry dishes, vegetable-based dishes, and salads.
Our Fiano would likely offers a harmonious blend of aromatic complexity, textural richness, and refreshing acidity, capturing both the grape's inherent qualities and the nuances of the Hilltops region.